Broadcast at 10 AM EST & 6 PM EST
On June 20th, the Poor People’s Campaign will hold the largest digital and social media gathering of poor and low-income people, moral and religious leaders, advocates, and people of conscience in this nation’s history. This gathering, the Campaign writes, comes in the midst of “(a) global pandemic (that) is exposing even more the already existing crisis of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy and militarism, and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism.”
The following sample posts, graphics, and other resources are offered by the Poor People’s Campaign in the hopes that we will all help amplify the Digital Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington through our networks!
June2020.org | #PoorPeoplesCampaign
- “Rise” | 90-Second June 20 Promo Video | YouTube Link
- Poverty Amidst Pandemic: A Moral Response to COVID-19
- State Coordinating Committees
- State Fact Sheets
- Moral Budget | Executive Summary
- Souls of Poor Folks Audit | Executive Summary
Ways to Amplify
- Post on social media using #PoorPeoplesCampaign!
- Follow @UniteThePoor and amplify the #PoorPeoplesCampaign on Twitter!
- Share our posts on Facebook and Instagram!
- Find your State Campaign’s social media pages and help amplify their posts!
Amplify the Livestream
The program will be broadcast on Saturday, June 20th at 10 AM EST and 6 PM EST. It will be rebroadcast on Sunday.
- Go to your Facebook page settings -> click “Crosspost”
- Add Page: Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
- Click “Allow Poor People’s Campaign to crosspost their live video to your Page without further approval”
- Send over cross-post link to firstname.lastname@example.org
50 DAYS OF ACTION KICK-OFF
- They’ve lied about health care, racist voter suppression & tax cuts. We should not believe them when they say it’s time to open up. #COVID19
Stay in place! Stay alive! Organize, Organize, Organize! Join the #PoorPeoplesCampaign for 50 Days of Action: June2020.org
[attach 50 Days of Action Graphic]
- The movement continues! On 6/20, the #PoorPeoplesCampaign goes digital w/ a mass online gathering to demand that 140 million poor & low-income people across the nation are heard. Our demands must be front & center in this critical election year! Join us: June2020.org!
- Before a single diagnosis of #COVID19, nearly 700 ppl died everyday from poverty. Our faith demands clear action that transforms how we treat the poorest & most marginalized in our society. No one is ever expendable! Join the #PoorPeoplesCampaign, June 20: June2020.org (need a co-chair meme)
- #MLK taught us 50 yrs ago, what #COVID19 teaches us today: living wages, guaranteed health care for all, unemployment & labor rights are issues of right vs. wrong & life vs. death. #PoorPeoplesCampaign
Join us June 20, 2020: june2020.org
- You can’t say you support #MLK and not support the policies he fought & died for! #EndRacism #EndPoverty #EndMilitarism #SaveTheEarth Join the #PoorPeoplesCampaign on June 20, 2020 for the Digital Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington: june2020.org
- Before #COVID19 43% of ppl in #Arkansas were poor or low-income— 1.2 mil residents. This includes 52% of children (367K), 46% of women (695K), 62% of Black ppl (275k), 63% of Latinx ppl (138K), & 38% of white ppl (814K). Join the #PoorPeoplesCampaign 6/20: june2020.org [Use the State Fact Sheets to customize your state stats!]
Sample Instagram + Facebook Posts
50 DAYS OF ACTION KICK-OFF
Four bills have been passed and they’ve been nothing but bandaids. Nothing to close the wounds of people not having access to health care or living wages. When the president and government tells us to go back to work with these wounds, it’s time for us to shut it down. We can’t let greed dictate our actions.
Stay in place! Stay alive! Organize, organize, organize! We’re the wounded and we refuse to accept bandaids. Join the #PoorPeoplesCampaign for 50 Days of Action, leading up the June 20, 2020, Digital Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington: June2020.org [Attach 50 Days of Action graphic.]
Poor & low-income people are suffering most in the current #COVID19 crisis. We won’t be silent anymore. The #PoorPeoplesCampaign’s Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington is going digital! On June 20, 2020, we will hold the largest digital gathering of poor and low-income people and people of conscience in this nation’s history. Join us: June2020.org
- VIEW ALL GRAPHICS HERE (Square & Horizontal Sizes)
|DOWNLOAD INSTAGRAM||DOWNLOAD FACEBOOK||DOWNLOAD TWITTER|
|DOWNLOAD||DOWNLOAD||DOWNLOAD GIF | DOWNLOAD VIDEO|
Stay in Place! Stay Alive! Organize!
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, almost 700 people were dying every day in the U.S. because of the crisis of poverty. And because of this nation’s high tolerance for death, as long as those who are dying are poor and people of color, the national response to this pandemic has only further exposed the country’s distorted morality.
The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival is launching the Stay in Place! Stay Alive! Organize! Don’t Believe the Lies! campaign to raise a moral cry for non-cooperation with the dangerous and reckless policies to ease social distancing restrictions and reopen the economy instead of providing real relief. #StayAlive
- CLICK HERE TO TAKE ACTION BY CALLING PELOSI & MCCONNELL OR SENDING A LETTER TO YOUR GOVERNOR: bit.ly/ppcstayalive
Help us take over social media with #StayAlive sign-selfies to amplify the need to Stay in Place, Stay Alive, Organize, and Don’t Believe the Lies! Click below for signs you can print & use for your selfie, or make your own!
- Join #PoorPeoplesCampaign for our #StayAlive digital actions!
JAM the phone lines of @SenateMajLdr & @SpeakerPelosi
FLOOD your governor’s inbox w/ emails
SHARE a Stay in Place! Stay Alive! Organize! Selfie
Take action here: bit.ly/ppcstayalive
- CALL @SpeakerPelosi & @senatemajldr now & demand they provide real solutions for this public health & economic crisis to meet the needs of impacted communities in the next stimulus package by implementing our #PoorPeoplesCampaign Moral Agenda! #StayAlive bit.ly/ppcstayalive
- Join the #PoorPeoplesCampaign for our #StayAlive digital actions! We’re asking for everyone’s help to jam the phone lines of @SenateMajLdr McConnell & @SpeakerPelosi to demand a real relief bill: bit.ly/ppcstayalive
- Senate leader @senatemajldr says the current relief bill is dead on arrival. Call and speak up for those who have already died & will die if we don’t do right by poor & low wealth people. #PoorPeoplesCampaign #StayAlive
Flood his phone lines TODAY: bit.ly/ppcstayalive
- Call @SpeakerPelosi tell her Congress better not back down on a relief bill that lets folks know you’re willing to fight for the lives of 140 mil poor & low income ppl, b/c in Nov, you’re going to ask them to risk their lives to vote. #PoorPeoplesCampaign bit.ly/ppcstayalive
- Tell your governor you want to #StayAlive! Send an email via our link & urge them to follow the instructions of doctors, public health officials & other experts & push for the demands of the #PoorPeoplesCampaign as real solutions for the #COVID19 crisis: bit.ly/ppcstayalive
- Tell your governor they shouldn’t be comfortable w/ other people’s deaths! #StayAlive
Send an email urging them to follow doctors & public health officials’ instructions & push #PoorPeoplesCampaign’s demands as real solutions for the #COVID19 crisis: bit.ly/ppcstayalive
- Join the Poor People’s Campaign on social media by taking & sharing a selfie of what #StayAlive organizing looks like where you are! Tag us at @UniteThePoor & use #PoorPeoplesCampaign
- VIEW ALL GRAPHICS HERE (Square & Horizontal Sizes)
Theomusicology & Movement Arts
- VIEW ART RESOURCES
- VIEW ART POSTERS
- HOST A VIRTUAL SCREENING OF “WE CRIED POWER”
- “WE CRIED POWER” TEMPLATES
- MORE TMA RESOURCES
Instagram + Facebook Frames
Feature June 20 on your Instagram or Facebook pages using our frames!
|INSTAGRAM DOWNLOAD||INSTAGRAM DOWNLOAD||INSTAGRAM DOWNLOAD|
|FACEBOOK DOWNLOAD||FACEBOOK DOWNLOAD||FACEBOOK DOWNLOAD|
Zoom Virtual Backgrounds
Use our Zoom backgrounds to amplify June 20 on your next meeting!
Sample Email Language
COVID-19 has forced the nation into an unprecedented emergency. The current emergency, however, results from a deeper and much longer-term crisis — that of poverty and inequality, and of a society that has long ignored the needs of 140 million people who are poor or one emergency away from being poor.
In 1968, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and many others called for a “revolution of values” in America and sought to build a broad movement that could unite poor and dispossessed communities across the country. Today, the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival has picked up this work. People across the nation have joined under the banner of the Campaign to confront the interlocking evils of systemic racism, poverty, climate change and ecological devastation, militarism and the war economy, and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism.
They are coming together to demand that the 140 million poor and low-income people in our nation — from every race, creed, gender, sexuality and place — are no longer ignored, dismissed or pushed to the margins of our political and social agenda.
That’s why [name of your organization, union, denomination, etc.] is proud to join the Poor People’s Campaign as a mobilizing partner for the Mass Poor People’s Assembly and Moral March on Washington Digital Justice Gathering, on June 20, 2020. [Fill in why your issue or community is connected to the need for a larger campaign of poor and impacted people]. Register today for June 20, 2020.
The Poor People’s Assembly and Moral March on Washington will be an historic, generationally transformative digital event. Across the internet and the airwaves we will drive the vision and agenda of our communities into the heart of the national narrative.
In this unprecedented moment, we must tell the truth about the dire failures of our political leaders. We must also demonstrate that it is the leadership emerging from poor and dispossessed people that is paving a different way forward.
History teaches us that it is exactly in moments like these that a movement of the many is necessary to force the nation into action. In the midst of pandemic, economic collapse, climate change, and more, the key to real and lasting change lies within our communities — within our ability to come together in new and bold ways. Join with us by registering for June 20, 2020 and share the news through these social media.
On June 20, we cry power to the nation!