Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- Abby’s House – Shelter, affordable housing, advocacy, and support for homeless, battered, and low-income women. (877) 785-2020
- New Hope – Domestic abuse and sexual violence services. (800) 323-4673
- Pathways for Change – Support and services for anyone impacted by sexual violence. (800) 870-5905
- YWCA of Central Massachusetts – Multiservice agency with specialized services for victims of domestic violence. (508) 755-9030
Housing and Emergency Shelter
- Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance (CMHA) – Local agency that provides emergency rent and mortgage assistance, family shelter, elder home repair and maintenance, homelessness prevention services, and more. (508) 752-5519
- Dept. of Housing and Community Development Resource Locator – Website that includes shelter, Section 8 Housing, fuel assistance, weatherization, and more statewide, organized by municipality.
- DHCD Resource Shelter Locator – Statewide locator for emergency shelters open to individuals; lists all shelter phone numbers and locations.
- Family Shelter Locator – MA government site with information on emergency family shelter eligibility and resources. (866) 584-0653
- Community Legal Aid – Free civil legal services for low-income individuals and the elderly. (800) 649-3718
- Handhold MA – Guidance and resources for parents, families, and caregivers of children and youth with mental health issues and referrals to local behavioral health emergency services programs. (877) 382-1609
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline – The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals in the United States.
Start Your Recovery – An online resource to learn about substance misuse and find support. It's available for people who want information for themselves, for a friend or family member, or for a patient
The Worcester Parent/Caregiver Guide to Community Resources